quinta-feira, 13 de maio de 2010

Perseonal Pronouns

Personal pronouns Possessive determiners Possessive pronouns


as subject

(nominative) as object

(accusative and dative)

I me my mine

you you your yours

he him his his

she her her hers

it it its its

we us our ours

you you your yours

they them their theirs

1 2 3 4

We have some books. The books are for us. These are our books. The books are ours.



1. "Is she writing to Leonardo di Caprio?"

"Yes, she is in love with ___!"

a. her

b. him

c. his



2. "John is making a lot of noise!"

"I'll ask ___ to be quiet."

a. him

b. it

c. its



3. "Please tell Mrs. Smith to come in."

"Sorry, I don't know ___."

a. her

b. him

c. she



4. "I can't find my glasses!"

"You are wearing ___!"

a. them

b. there

c. they



5. "Do you like bananas?"

"I love ___ !"

a. hers

b. its

c. them



6. "Why is he always talking about Pamela Anderson?"

"He obviously likes ___ !"

a. her

b. him

c. she



7. "Where is my book? Oh, dear! I've lost ___ !"

a. him

b. it

c. its



8. "Is that Mary's new boyfriend?"

"Don't ask me, ask ___!"

a. her

b. his

c. it



9. "What is the title of that song?"

"I'm afraid I can't remember ___."

a. him

b. it

c. them



10. "Why is David so happy?"

"His friends gave ___a guitar for his birthday!"

a. him

b. it

c. them



11. "What are you going to do with those old papers?"

"I'm going to recycle ___."

a. their

b. them

c. they



12. "Let's see the latest Spielberg movie!"

"I have seen ___ already!"

a. him

b. it

c. there



13. "How are your parents? I haven't seen ___ for some time now!"

a. them

b. there

c. they



"Have you met Tom and Lisa?"

"No, I have never met ___ ."

a. its

b. the

c. them

Which bject form of the personal pronoun can substitute the underlined phrase in the sentence?



1) The teacher always gives the students homework.

me

them

you


2) I am reading the book to my little sister.

her

us

him


3) The boys are riding their bikes.

it

them

her


4) My father is writing a letter to John.

me

her

him


5) I don't know the answer.

she

her

it


6) Sally is going to Anne.

her

him

me


7) Open the window, please.

it

them

us


8) Can you tell the people the way to the airport, please?

you

them

us


9) The books are for Peter.

him

her

you


10) Can you help my sister and me, please?

her

me

us














Choose the correct possessive determiners.



Example: I have got a sister. ___ name is Susan.



Answer: I have got a sister. Her name is Susan.



Hi Daniel,

________name is John. This is _______friend Jason. He's 12. _______sister is nine. ______pet is a budgie. _____name is Dickens. Jason and I go to the same school. There are 450 boys and girls in _______school. Jason's form teacher is Mrs. Peterson. She has got a pet, too. ______pet is a tortoise. Our form teacher is Mr. Smith. I like ________lessons. He has two dogs. The dogs love to play in _______garden. Now I have a question for you. What's ______pet?



Yours,

John





Choose the correct personal pronoun.



1) ________am sitting on the sofa.

2) ________are watching TV.

3) Are ________from England?

4) _______is going home.

5) ________are playing football.

6) _________is a wonderful day today.

7) _______are speaking English.

8) Is ________Kevin's sister?

9) _______are swimming in the pool.

10) ________they in the cinema?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário